Dermal Fillers & Cosmetic Botox in Hingham, MA
What Are Botox and Dermal Fillers?
If you’re noticing wrinkles around your forehead, lips, and eyes and your face is starting to appear saggy, then Cosmetic Botox is an excellent solution for you.
At South Shore Prosthodontics, it’s important to us that you receive world-class dentistry comfortably and efficiently. That’s why we’re proud to offer Botox and dermal fillers as cosmetic options to ensure you achieve a youthful desired result without the need for surgery.
What’s the difference between Botox and dermal fillers?
How Botox is used:
Botox is designed to relieve muscle contractions that are causing wrinkles and eliminate aging lines around your forehead, lips, between the eyes, and the corners of your eyes.
How dermal fillers are used:
As we age, our body’s ability to produce hyaluronic acid decreases. This is what gives your skin a plump, hydrated look and stimulates collagen production. While you can use a cream or serum to moisturize your skin, these can’t restore your skin’s volume and remove wrinkles. Only dermal fillers with injectable hyaluronic acid can do that. Our dentists in Hingham, MA are exceptionally skilled at knowing where to inject dermal fillers for a subtle, natural-looking result. No one will know you’ve had any treatment; they’ll know you look younger, fresher and well-rested. The fabulous thing about dermal fillers is they can add needed volume and decrease wrinkles in just one visit, and the youth-restoring results will last for months.
What Can You Expect?
Why Is a Dentist Doing Botox and Dermal Fillers? Why Not a Cosmetic Surgeon?
It’s simple: Botox and dermal fillers are our specialty.
It may seem different for a dentist to inject Botox and dermal fillers. However, dentists are specialists when it comes to your head and neck, making them preferred providers.
I have been seeing Dr. Khayat and Dr. Becerra for a few years for all my dental work! Recently, they introduced Botox and fillers into their office. I never thought about getting either until recently. Even though I don’t smoke, I had what resembled smoker lines above and below my lips. I had Botox injections, which left me with virtually no bruising and the lines were completely gone. I only had minor swelling, and the pain was very brief and only at the time of injection. Definitely, recommend.
Meghan D. (Actual Patient)
Check out our FAQs about Cosmetic Botox and dermal fillers.
- Do Botox and dermal fillers hurt? The procedure is very comfortable. You will feel a tiny pinch when we insert the needles, but we use the best and smallest needles for patient comfort.
- Will my dental insurance cover Botox? Using Botox for migraines and trigger points can be covered under your medical insurance. For your convenience, we will do what it takes to get medical coverage for your therapeutic treatment.
We also offer many payment options to help make your Botox treatment affordable. Plus, you can earn points with Allergan (Botox manufacturer) at every injection to earn discounts.
Call (781) 749-6050 for details.
- Will I bruise after the injections? Like any injection, there is always a potential risk of bruising. However, it is minimal because we use tiny needles.
- Can I go in the heat or exercise after treatment? It is recommended for the first 2-3 days to stay away from heat and strain from exercise. This gives the cosmetic procedures enough time to be well absorbed by the muscles. You should not touch and rub the areas of the injections within the first four hours.
- When will I start seeing the results? It takes 2-10 days for the Botox to take effect. You will schedule a 2-week follow-up appointment for possible enhancements if needed by injecting more Botox. If enhancements are needed, you will not be charged.
With dermal fillers, you should see immediate results. The results can last six months up to a full year.
- Can I get nerve damage? Botox is injected in the muscles, not the nerves. There is always a chance to affect an undesired muscle, which can cause temporary palsy, but we took the best training and our approach is very conservative: Less is more.
During your Botox injections, we start with lower doses to prevent an excess of Botox.
We do provide a free enhancement after two weeks to evaluate the results.