Treat your migraines, TMJ pain, and teeth grinding at our Hingham dental office.
How Is Therapeutic Botox Different From Cosmetic Botox?
You may have heard the esthetic benefits Botox brings to smooth out unwanted wrinkles. However, Botox offers therapeutic benefits that are beyond skin deep. Under the care of Dr. Sam Khayat and Dr. Laura Becerra, you can benefit from Botox for migraines and trigger points (muscle pain).
If you’re experiencing a lack of sleep, TMJ pain, teeth grinding, facial and neck pain, headaches, and trigger points, Therapeutic Botox may be for you. We have the ability to:
What Can You Expect?
Through a thorough comprehensive exam and sleep test, it's our priority to get you out of pain.
First, we conduct a comprehensive muscular examination of the head and neck to understand the reason for the pain and identify the muscles that are tense and causing chronic pain.
We may recommend a home sleep test (provided by us) to evaluate your sleep performance and the activity of the grinding muscles. During your second appointment, we will analyze the data from the sleep test and create a comprehensive treatment plan.
That same appointment you will be treated with Therapeutic Botox and Trigger Points Treatment in the specific muscles we discussed. You should start noticing the effects of treatment within 2-10 days.
Within two weeks, you’ll return to our office so we can reassess your treatment plan. We can make any adjustments if necessary (at no charge to you).
Within one month, you will take a new sleep test for re-evaluation. This ensures your treatment plan is making progress and providing the results as expected.
Botox lasts for about three months. Therefore, we’ll set up regular follow up appointments for every three months to receive new injections and keep you free from pain.
Why Choose South Shore Prosthodontics for Therapeutic Botox?
South Shore Prosthodontics has an extremely knowledgeable and caring staff. They went over and beyond to treat my TMJ with trigger point injections. The pain quickly subsided and I was very pleased with the results. I cannot recommend them enough!
Emily K. (Actual Patient)
Get the Answers to Your Botox Questions
- Does getting Botox hurt?The procedure is very comfortable. You will feel a tiny pinch when we insert the needles, but we use the best and smallest needles for patient comfort.
- Will my dental insurance cover Botox?Using Botox for migraines and trigger points can be covered under your medical insurance. For your convenience, we will do what it takes to get medical coverage for your therapeutic treatment. We also offer many payment options to help make your Botox treatment affordable. Plus, you can earn points with Allergan (Botox manufacturer) at every injection to earn discounts. Call (781) 749-6050 for details.
- Will I bruise after the injections?Like any injection, there is always a potential risk of bruising. However, it is minimal because we use tiny needles.
- Can I go in the heat or exercise after treatment?
It is recommended for the first 2-3 days to stay away from heat and straining from exercise. This gives Botox enough time to be well absorbed by the muscles. You should not touch and rub the areas of the injections within the first four hours.
- When will I start seeing the results?It takes 2-10 days for the Botox to take effect. You will schedule a 2-week follow-up appointment for possible enhancements if needed by injecting more Botox. If enhancements are needed, you will not be charged.
- Can I get nerve damage with Botox?
Botox is injected in the muscles, not the nerves. There is always a chance to affect an undesired muscle, which can cause temporary palsy, but we took the best training and our approach is very conservative: Less is more. During your Botox injections, we start with lower doses to prevent an excess of Botox. We do provide a free enhancement after two weeks to evaluate the results.